Terms and Conditions
The expressions "we", "us" and "our" refer to "AA Van Hire", as a trading name of AA4Vans Limited, depending on the context.
WHAT DO I NEED TO HIRE A VEHICLE?
We need to see the following documentation at the time of hire.
1) Drivers Licence. Full driver's licence held for a minimum of 24 months.
As you may be aware DVLA have abolished the paper part of a driving licence, so for us to be able to check a licence now the driver needs to follow the instructions below.
Access the Government website at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence scroll down the page and use the "Start Now" button. Input your driving licence number, National Insurance Number and postcode in to their allocated spaces. Next, tick the consent box to share your information and use the "View Now" button. Once all your details come up on the page click the top right hand box "Get your check code". Then on the next page click "Get a code". Make a clear note of the code and be very careful to note lower case and upper case letters. We advise that you copy and paste this code to make sure it gets to us in the correct format. Then we need you to email the code along with your full driving licence number, name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done prior to your arrival to collect the vehicle. Please note the code is only valid for 21 days.
This needs to be completed before payment is made.
2) Two further forms of identification confirming your current address: two utility bills - one of these must be gas, electric, water, council tax only (within the last 3 months) and it must marry up to the licence; proof of employment (within the last month). Both documents must be shown upon collection of the vehicle as we cannot release the vehicle without these documents. In the case of a non-photo driving licence we also require additional photographic ID, e.g. passport, works pass, etc.
3) Persons entitled to drive. We will only provide insurance for one driver aged between 23-70 years with 2 years driving experience. The driver who collects the vehicle is the only person entitled to drive on our insurance.
4) Additional Driver. One additional driver is permitted; there is a charge of £10.00 plus VAT (per driver, per day). Additional drivers are required to attend in person at the time of hire and produce their driving licence, access code and ID as per main driver.
5) Travelling outside the UK. Vehicles are for UK MAINLAND USE ONLY unless agreed with the us prior to the hire.
6) Payment. This is by debit card, credit card or bank transfer only.
7) Deposit. The deposit is dependent on the type of vehicle you hire. Please enquire when booking.
8) Cancellation Charges. If the hirer is to cancel the booking they shall be liable for the full amount paid. A time and date is on the booking email stating when the hire has to be paid by. The customer has always got time to consider before payment is made. When we reserve a vehicle for you we are then turning all other business away for that vehicle for the duration of the hire.
9) Hirer's responsibility during the term of the hire:
(a) To take proper care of the vehicle and ensure the vehicle is used in a lawful and reasonable manner in all respects and in particular (without limitation) will keep the vehicle locked when not in use and shall ensure that ignition keys and/or security arming devices are not left in the vehicle when unattended;
(b) To return the vehicle to us in the same condition as when received as evidenced by the hirer's signature on our "Rental Agreement" relating to the vehicle (fair wear and tear only excepted) to our address specified on the agreement immediately upon demand by us (such demand not to be made without reasonable cause) subject to a refund to the hirer of any sums already paid by the hirer in excess of those due under the terms of the Agreement;
(c) To immediately report any accident, loss or damage involving the vehicle to us and the police or other proper authority and at our request complete our accident report form without delay;
(d) To immediately report any breakdown, fault or defect, reasonably requiring repair to us and will not, in the case of a defect or fault which makes the vehicle unroadworthy or liable to cause damage or danger to persons or property or further damage to the vehicle, use the vehicle until such defector fault has been repaired or corrected and will take all reasonable steps to prevent or mitigate any loss or damage occurring to the vehicle;
(e) To obtain our prior written consent before incurring repair costs for any amount;
(f) Not remove or interfere with any vehicle parts or spares or with any identification marks or plates affixed to the vehicle;
(g) To inform us immediately upon request of the whereabouts of the vehicle;
(h) Not sell, mortgage, charge, pledge, assign, underlet, lend or otherwise dispose of or part with possession of the vehicle at any time or contract so to do or otherwise deal with the vehicle in any manner inconsistent with ourrights;
(i) To maintain all oil and fluid levels and tyre pressures in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations;
(j) At our request assist us in enforcing any rights or remedies we may have against third parties in respect of any loss or damage to or in connection with the vehicle arising during the term of this Agreement.
10) Excess up to £1000 for non-refrigerated vehicles, up to £2000 for refrigerated vehicles.
11) Late return or extension of hire. It is very important that you contact us and let us know about any late return or desire to extend the hire period. We can then advise you of any additional charges and if required can arrange payment and insurance cover. Additional rental charges are payable before the expiration of the current rental period. Payments are taken from credit or debit cards.
12) Breakdown. In the unlikely event of your vehicle breaking down please note that all of our vehicles come with full nationwide breakdown coverage. Details of this are in each individual vehicle. Breakdowns, faults or defects, must be reported immediately to the contact number provided.
13) Damage. In the event of any damage, loss or fault development please inform us immediately so as to permit us to carry out essential repairs, servicing or maintenance.
14) Accident. In the event of any accident you must protect the interest of our Insurance Company during the period of hire by:
(a) Not admitting liability or guilt.
(b) Making every endeavour to obtain names and addresses of parties involved and of any independent witnesses.
(c) Taking adequate photos of all vehicles involved and persons involved.
(d) Notifying the police immediately if another party's guilt has been ascertained or if people or animals are injured.
(e) Not abandoning the vehicle without adequate provisions for safeguarding and securing the vehicle.
(f) Calling us in case of damage further providing us with a detailed report and diagram.
15) Returning the vehicle
(a) All vehicles are to be returned in the same condition as they left. Litter, dust, soil, dog hairs etc. are unacceptable and we will charge for a valet service if needed. The minimum charge for this is £25.00 including VAT.
(b) When you hire the vehicle the diesel will be marked on the rental agreement. The vehicle must be returned with the same amount of fuel. If a vehicle is returned with less fuel the hirer will be charged accordingly at the current rate.
(c) All damage is to be paid for upon return of the vehicle.
Get a Quote
Please fill in this form and we'll get a quote to you as soon as possible. If it is urgent, please call us directly.